Building a movement of seniors, people with disabilities, and allies
See what we’re doing to fight for justice in our 2020 Year In Review.
What you can do right now:
Save Senior & Disability Classes at City College SF! Call members of the Board of Supervisors, email the City College Trustees, spread the word on social media, and sign up for the Month of Action. More details here.
Apply to be our newest Housing Organizer — or refer someone fantastic! Click here for more details.
Attend an upcoming SDA event! See the calendar here.
Get help or offer help with food delivery, home care, or phone connection through the SDA/Bay Resistance Cross-Bay Mutual Aid Network.
What we do
Working in partnership with other senior and disability organizations, we recently:
- Won rent relief for hundreds of residents of SRO hotels!
- Stopped the MTA fare increase.
- Pushed the State of California to revise their Crisis Care Guidelines so that hospitals can’t refuse to treat people who are old or disabled.
- Made sure Governor Newsom did NOT grant immunity to nursing homes for dangerous practices.
- Helped save Adult Day Health Centers and other senior and disability programs in the state budget!
Want to support SDA? Want to get involved?
Senior and Disability Action is a 501(c)3 organization. Our Tax ID # is 94-3213120 and donations are tax-deductible.
San Francisco Senior and Disability Action mobilizes and educates seniors and people with disabilities to fight for individual rights and social justice.
Through individual support and collective action, we work together to create a city and world in which seniors and people with disabilities can live well and safely.
** We are not receiving mail at our office. Please call or email us for an alternate address.