We mobilize and educate seniors and people with disabilities to fight for individual rights and social justice. Through individual support and collective action, we work together to create a city and world in which seniors and people with disabilities can live well and safely. See our video below.
Senior and Disability Action was formed by the joining of Senior Action Network (SAN) and Planning for Elders in the Central City (PECC), with a history of working with seniors and people with disabilities for more than 40 years combined.
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO SDA
Please help SDA build off our successes this year, and build a stronger movement in the year to come, by making a donation of any amount.
Our community is facing a crisis of rising rents, rampant evictions, and mass displacement. Local neighborhoods are being transformed and seniors and people with disabilities are being pushed out through evictions and buy-outs. We need you to help us take action by contributing to SDA.
Your tax-deductible donation will allow us to:
- Prevent evictions and fight displacement.
- Educate seniors and people with disabilities about the Affordable Care Act and how to get continuous quality health care, including long-term services and supports.
- Start a campaign to replace elevators in decades-old SROs and public housing buildings so that people with disabilities do not get stranded in or out of their homes.
- Educate hundreds of seniors and people with disabilities on community resources, individual rights, and how to organize and address issues such as Social Security or health care, through Senior & Disability Survival School and Senior & Disability University.
- Offer trainings on disability rights and discrimination to community organizations and service providers.
Your donation is critical for raising the voice of seniors and people with disabilities and creating a better community. Please donate as generously as you are able by clicking on the Donate button to the right or sending a check to SDA at the address on the right. Thank you so much for your help.
December General Meeting — A Celebration of 2012
Highlights of the year, music, comedy, and fun
Thursday, December 12th, 10-12, 1187 Franklin St.
SDA HOLIDAY PARTY
Come celebrate with us! Bring food to share if you can.Friday, December 13th, 3-6 pm, at SDA office, 1360 Mission St.
We mourn the loss of Lionel Sandiford, who was involved in Senior and Disability Action, Senior Action Network, and Planning for Elders in the Central City for many years.
His powerful and loving voice will always echo in our hearts.
Protesting Twitter and Displacement!
On Thursday, November 7, when Twitter first sold shares on the stock exchange, SDA, SOMCAN, and dozens of other organizations and individuals protested the massive gentrification and displacement caused by tech companies and the city’s policies. Twitter got a massive tax break and SF residents get #thrownoutbytwitter.
We love you and miss you
1360 Mission Street, Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94103
(on Mission Street between 9th and 10th Streets)
Check out our new video on Community Organizing in the Disability Rights Movement, produced in collaboration with ILRCSF